Thursday, September 16, 2010

Going for the Gold

We competed last weekend in the San Diego Senior Olympics, I won two bronze medals and my wife Shannon won a gold medal. We compete with precision air guns in events the mirror the regular Olympics, air rifle and air pistol. The real difference is we are much older than most regular Olympic competitors.

The San Diego Senior Olympics has many different events. For more information check out their website and you can get started at age 50.

www.sdseniorgames.org

It's always great to see a large turnout of seniors who are active and engaged in life. In past years at the opening ceremony, I have always been impressed with the group. People who want to compete in their favorite sports seem to stay in shape and are generally fit. I am very proud of the seniors who make the competitive effort to win.

I only wish I had done better this year, next year more practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment