Friday, September 6, 2013

The perfect breakup solution for video professionals

I was tired of using my old wooden gobo, cutting a tree branch, or making a pattern with a C-Stand and gaffers tape to create interesting backgrounds for on-camera interviews. I was so over it...






Then one day on the B&H PhotoVideo website I discovered the Bill Holshevnikoff pattern kit from Chimera. It changed my life, well not my life, but for sure my camera backgrounds.




My friend, DP Bill Holshevnikoff, created this kit for Chimera, it's a brilliant idea. The kit comes in two sizes and is the perfect solution for creating interesting backgrounds FAST. Every time I bring out my kit, the crew wants to know where to get one. I have the smaller kit and it's very light, takes up little space but makes a big impact.


I purchased the kit from B&H with 7 patterns and then purchased all the extra patterns. It comes with patterns like: French door, horizontal blinds, graduating vertical blinds, palm leaves, leaf breakup and a cucoloris breakup.

































With my Canon 5D Mark III and my pattern kit I can create a great look, in no time. It's the perfect addition to anyone's bag of tricks :-)

Check it out at B&H





No comments:

Post a Comment